This post contains affiliate links for products we recommend, affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate the site earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a link and buy something we may receive some compensation. This does not change the price you would pay.
The Wilson Blade 98 18×20 CV (Countervail) tennis racket features a more dense string pattern than its namesake, coupled with the new Countervail Technology, which is a specially engineered carbon fiber added to the racquet which transfers less shock into the body – this translates into less arm and body fatigue. This black and green racquet serves up the perfect balance of control and feel. This dense string pattern also keeps the strings from wearing out and/or breaking so quickly. It is 11.3 ounces strung, which offers the stability needed on volleys and groundies for intermediate to advanced players. The head is 3 pts light, so it maneuvers quickly when needed. The 98 square inch head also helps to keep your biggest swings inside the court.
Key Racket Features:
Head Size: 98 sq. inch
Strung Weight: 11.3 ounces
Balance: 3 points head light
Length:27 inches available
Grip Type: Wilson Sublime
String Pattern: 18 mains x 20 crosses
String Tension: 50 – 60 pounds
Composition: Countervail/Carbon Fiber Graphite
Racket Color: Matte Black with Lime Green Trim
- EXCELLENT CONTROL, BALANCE AND FEEL: The Wilson Blade 98 18×20 CV (Countervail) tennis racket is the perfect racquet for players wanting a great deal of control, combined with a frame that protects the arm and lessens fatigue in the 2nd and 3rd sets. It has a more dense string pattern than its cousins at 18×20 and this offers greater control with strings that will last longer than a traditional string pattern. This racquet is great for players of all levels.
- RACQUET SPECIFICATIONS: Head Size: 98 sq. in. / 632.26 sq. cm; Length: 27in / 68.58cm; Strung Weight: 11.3oz / 320.35g; Balance: 13.1in / 33.27cm / 3 pts HL; Swingweight: 328; Stiffness: 65; Beam Width: 21mm / 21mm / 21mm; Composition: Braided Graphite & Basalt; Power Level: Low-Medium; Stroke Style: Full; Swing Speed: Fast; Racquet Colors:Black/ Green; Grip Type: Wilson Sublime; String Pattern: 18 Mains / 20 Crosses; String Tension: 50-60 pounds
- RACQUET TECHNOLOGIES: Countervail (special carbon fiber dampens vibration/shock), Parallel Drilling (increases sweetspot), Braided Graphite + Basalt (increases feel, dwell time on strings, and control)
- FREE STRINGING: High End Multi-filament Tennis String at Mid-Range Tension Included with the Purchase of this Racquet at No Additional Cost
- DOES NOT COME WITH WILSON STENCIL LOGO ON STRINGS